Saturday, November 01, 2008

I Vote For Lintang

Today we went and watched Laskar Pelangi in Planet Hollywood together with the orphans from Beriku Hati and Rumah Anugrah.

I was happy coz the kids, some was laughing and others were crying :)
Means they enjoyed it much.

For myself, I didn't have much time to think and analyze this movie.
(I know I wasn't supposed to do that, don't analyze, just enjoy!)


Overall, I did enjoy the story. Despite what Vera said. "This movie is exaggerating. I'm an anak kampung, but I don't act like them." [Sowry Ver!]

I love what they did, especially those little kids. They played it so well.
Enjoyed the scene when Ikal got a crush with Aling :)
The no expression ,"lima menit ya...." "lima menit ya..." from A Kiong
And Mahar, a very creative kid with his tape, battery, and
"Ini lagu jazz, lagunya orang-orang intelek"












B
ut with Lintang..
He's the smartest one. Always motivating his peers. Always loves school
On the other hand, as the eldest son, felt going to work with dad was more important. Felt desperately responsible for the family.
The dad, single parent. A fisherman. Only had one son. But still encourage him to go to school, instead of helping him goes fishing.

I don't like what happened to Lintang.
The decision he had to make between education and taking care of his siblings.
He's the smartest one. The one who always motivate his friends.
But then, need to decide something which is not pleasant!

Imagine, coming home as a champ, after winning the competition.
With a trophy.
Found out that dad was missing, and at the end will never return.

Classmates waiting for him. Five days already since he skipped class.
Finally, when the teacher decide to pay him a visit, a man came by and hand her a note.
"Dad died. I'll come by for the last time to say goodbye."

Again...
I don't like what happened to Lintang.
The decision he had to make between education and taking care of his siblings.
He's the smartest one. The one who always motivate his friends.
But then, need to decide something which is not pleasant!





I wish he decided differently.
I wish there were Big Brother Big Sister Program during those days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its nice to know about AN ANGEL!!!!