Thursday, October 30, 2008

Psalm 23


1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.




What kind of feeling do you have when you have such a shepherd?

I think most of would say: the feeling of save.
One even say, feel relaxed since u don't need to be worried. Just lay back and know that God will take care of everything.
What else? Feel comfort maybe?

Well everything is true. But last night during LG, I was impressed with one friend's answers.

He said that for him is that, he would get motivated if he had a shepherd a.k.a a leader like this. He will do his best to perform well.

You remember those days when you're always feel forced to go to the office, just because you hate your boss SO much?
Well, image you got a totally terrific, cool, supportive boss!
Would just like to do anything for him/her?
You would feel ok to work overtime, you will feel so motivated, that you will just give him/her the best.

See, that's what it should be with us and Jesus.
We sure know He's a totally a good Shepherd. Even THE best!
That's why we need to give our best also.

But what popped up in our mind when that question was handed out?
We thought, wow cool then, we can just relax. We took advantage of it. Typically human, ha? :)

Well, now that we know that there might be another way to looked at this passage, hope can change our mindset and our life


Be blessed!

No comments: