Monday, October 29, 2007

Me, Myself, and...

Did you know that I actually happen to have several nicknames?

When I was still little, my parents called me "Verny" from Verena, coz of that I called myself "Eny".
Later on, after we returned from Australia, I lived with my grandma, and she preferred to called me "Maya" for some personal reason. So then, i grew up with most people calling me by that name, and there's still a few called me Verny. But the name Eny never showed up!

Primary school period, when usually you got picked up by anything that just pop into your classmate's mind. So, of course, the nick "Ayam" came up along the way, taken from "Maya" if you read it backwards. Some of my friends like Elma, Corky, Stanley, they still call me that, even make it more complete: Ayam Goreng - fried chicken it is!

Most of my bandung friends -thatz peers and house mates, calls me Maya, but one particular house mate call me "mbaMey", even though am not born in that month. Probably maybe becoz I call her "Ajung" instead of Betti :)

Bandung colleges prefer to call me by Verena, since there is two Maya at the office.
Jakarta office, and biz partners mostly called me Verena or some shortened it to "Ve".
But Vincent then called me Pepe, instead of Ve. (How about that, Windo?)

In church,... hmm a bit complicated. LifeGroup (LG) members called me "Maya", since Eduard, one of my former university friend, was the one who introduced me to that LG, but then there are also biz friends who attend the same church with me, who called me by the name "Verena".

"So, how do I call you?"
"either is fine, both are me anyway!"

No comments: