Monday, September 03, 2007

Today we serve Krispy Kreme..

That Sunday, my Life Group was appointed for greeters on the 10 o'clock service.
Since we are also having a Life Group Weekend in church, I was in charge to coordinate the team to go down to the gallery after the service and serve people with Starbucks coffee and Krispy Kreme.

So, my head thinking about all this while I was greeting people who's attending the servic
e.


Suddenly, an old lady came to me, and asked:
"Do you still have The Daily Bread?".

Couldn't hear her quite well since the praise and worship has already started, I asked her again, "Sorry, but I cant hear you!"

So, she repeated her question again, "Daily Bread. Do you still have it?"
"Oh, Daily Bread. No, today we serve Krispy Kreme, and it's down at the gallery" I replied confidently.
"NO..NO.." she said, "The book! Our Daily Bread Book. Do you have it?"

Then I realized that I did something totally stupid!!

She was thinking "very spiritual" about Our Daily Bread, the daily devotional book , and me on the other hand was thinking about my tummy: Daily Bread, the Coffee Shop!

Aaaaaaaagghhh.. **&*%$#%$#
How embarrassing!!

No comments: